Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Puppies and Babies....and good food, too

This was almost too much to bear. Shara, thanks for sending on these pics! I'm making falafel patties this time; who else is up for this weekend?

Cornbread Muffins

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup skim milk
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
nonstick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients and add to dry. Beat until fairly smooth (about 1 minute). Pour into sprayed 12-cup muffin tin. Bake 15 minutes and use knife to loosen.

Serves: 12
Source: adapted from Aunti Jemima (hey, sometimes the back of the package really knows what it's talking about)








5 comments:

Shara said...

I'm in an making banana bread (or muffins depending on how many loaf pans/muffin trays I actually have)

Courtney said...

I can make Tzatziki sauce or tahini sauce for the falafel patties. What would you like? Requests, please!

Courtney said...

I went to the store and bought ingredients for tzatziki to go with the falafel. Crystal, are you in?

Shara said...

mmm Tzatziki.....
Where and When?
Sunday @ 4 worked well for me last week, any other suggestions?
Who's house..I'm open to here..there...or anywhere :)

Crystal said...

I'm going to bail this week...I've got a cold or something icky, and I don't know whether I'll feel up to cooking too much. Next week, for sure!