Sunday, July 29, 2007

Granola by Courtney


So, as you may know, I don't really follow many recipes. Generally, I use them as suggestions or as springboards for my imagination. this holds true for my granola making. So, here are my remembrances.....

Granola

Dump a bunch of oats in a bowl (many cups) and microwave them for 2 minutes. Stir. In the meantime, make your spice goo.

Spice Goo (7/27/07)
some brown sugar (maybe 1/2 cup)
some honey (good squirt)
some dark molasses
canola oil (same amount as brown sugar)
a shot of vanilla
several shakes of nutmeg and cinamon

Stir the spice goo into the oats and microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Add some almonds. Microwave again for 1 minute. Stir. Add some raisins. Stir. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.

Spread on sheet pans to cool.

You have easy, yummy, healthy granola in no time at all! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yum...I ate some this morning with yogurt and blueberries. This stuff is awesome, Court!