Sunday, July 29, 2007

Salsa Picante

Here is the recipe I used for our first swap.

Salsa Picante

3 (14-ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
5 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 c fresh cilantro, chopped
5 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
juice of 2 limes
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse on and off until the desired consistency is reached.

Makes: a whole, whole lot!

Source: Fresh (Lake Austin Spa)

Note: I like my salsa nice and chunky. I set 1/2 of the chopped onion, 1/2 cilantro and 1/2 green onions aside in a bowl with 1 clove chopped garlic and 1 of the canned tomatoes. After the rest of the ingredients are pureed, you can stir these back in. The original recipe calls for regular canned tomatoes, but I love using the fire-roasted ones for salsa.





1 comment:

Crystal said...

Almost gone... :) Super-yum.